Progress reports are Giving Jar’s way of celebrating Success, learning from Failure, giving Thanks, and taking a peek at what’s Up and Coming. Hopefully, you will find this progress report informative. As always, all feedback is welcome!
Here are the major wins in this progress report:
- Spotlighted Lansing Makers Network.
- Interviewed Joshua’s Place and Williamston Theatre.
- Made first steps toward creating the Giving Jar charity!
Failure is okay if you learn from it. Here are some lessons learned in the past two weeks:
- Find ways to get into a flow when writing doesn’t come easily.
- You only get so much willpower and focus each day.
Thanks to Bob Worgul and Emily Sutton-Smith for sharing your stories and to Klein Allison for the pro tips about starting a 501(c)(3) nonprofit!
Thank you to all of our new friends on social media:
- 20 mailing list members (-0)
- 56 Twitter followers (+4)
- 71 Facebook page likes (+4)
Here’s where the focus will be in the next two weeks at Giving Jar:
- Spotlight Joshua’s Place.
- Do all the filings, research, and writing needed to start a nonprofit.