Progress reports are Giving Jar’s way of celebrating Success, learning from Failure, giving Thanks, and taking a peek at what’s Up and Coming. Hopefully, you will find this progress report informative. As always, all feedback is welcome!
Here are the major wins in this progress report:
- Spotlighted Joshua’s Place.
- Read IRS Publication 557.
- Wrote Board of Directors Resolution template.
- Wrote Conflict of Interest Policy.
Failure is okay if you learn from it. Here are some lessons learned in the past two weeks:
- Forming a tax-exempt nonprofit with the government is a very serial process.
- Just because a website looks well-organized, doesn’t mean it is.
Thank you to all of our new friends on social media:
- 21 mailing list members (+1)
- 59 Twitter followers (+3)
- 74 Facebook page likes (+3)
Here’s where the focus will be in the next two weeks at Giving Jar:
- Spotlight Williamston Theatre.
- Interview The Davies Project.
- Submit Articles of Incorporation.
- Writing Bylaws.