2016 was a year of firsts for Giving Jar. Here are some of the highlights:
- Building Twentyone invited us over to share their story with us. This story became our very first charity spotlight.
- We covered a different charity every other week for the whole year, finishing the year up with Refugee Development Center. Some #ThrowbackThursdays are definitely in order!
- Giving Jar became a nonprofit to promote social good and to make sure all donations and fundraising we help with have nonprofits’ and donors’ best interests in mind.
- We released our Shopper add-on for Chrome to give people opportunities to donate whenever they shop online.
We had much greater aspirations for Giving Jar this year. We wanted all of the charities we’ve spotlighted in our software. Unfortunately, the onboarding process with PayPal is slow. We’ll keep working at it.
Giving Jar is an extremely small team and we all have other jobs. Keeping our priorities straight has been challenging, but we’re looking at newer, better ways to do what we do in 2017.
Lansing is beautiful and we are grateful to experience some of that beauty firsthand. Thank you to everyone who has helped us over the past year. We love all of the new friends we’ve made and all of the support we’ve gotten. You all rock!
My how we’ve grown! All these numbers started at 1 last year when Erik created our newsletter and social media accounts.
- 40 mailing list members (+4)
- 71 Twitter followers (-0)
- 106 Facebook page likes (+4)
Next year we’re going to continue sharing new Lansing nonprofits with you. We’ll probably cut back on the progress reports. You’ll definitely see improvements to our software including support for more charities and online stores. There’s bound to be a few surprises ahead, too. :)