Progress reports are Giving Jar’s way of celebrating Success, reflecting on Failure (and what was learned from it), giving Thanks, and taking a peek at what’s Up and Coming. Hopefully you will find these progress reports informative. As always, all feedback is welcome!
Here are the major wins in this progress report:
- Spotlighted Creating Heroes Stephen’s Way.
- Giving Jar is officially an LLC!
- Wrote next spotlight.
- Blog changes are automatically published to a test site.
There are almost always setbacks when working on a project of any size. Here are the lessons learned from the last round of setbacks:
- Send and Save Draft do not mean the same thing.
- Scheduling static content changes is tough with zero infrastructure in place.
Thanks to everyone recommending charities to spotlight!
Thank you to all of the new friends on social media!
- 16 mailing list members (-0)
- 21 Twitter followers (+7)
- 45 Facebook page likes (+6)
Here’s where the focus will be in the next two weeks at Giving Jar:
- Interview Firecracker Foundation.
- Spotlight Helping Women Period.
- More focus on Michigan charities in social media.
- Create a general purpose VM in the cloud.
- Calls to action for new email subscribers.